Saturday, March 16, 2013

Four Months



4 Months

Yep...time is continuing to fly by. Mary is now four months old.


Doctor appointment was...well...fine for me but not great for Mary.  She has only been to that office four times now (few day old wellness check, two week appointment, two month, and four month) but she may be realizing it's not her favorite place.  I went by myself this time.  All the other times I had needed moral support.  I figured if Mary was going to be brave getting her shots then I would be brave too.  Her pediatrician is wonderful.  He seriously is the nicest man.  This appointment was really weird though because she cried more when he was doing his little general exam than when she got her shots.  In fact she took one look at him and let it wail. And he is so nice.  So sorry Dr. W.  She actually did pretty good when she got her shots this time.  She only cried (her biggest cry) for a couple of minutes.  I told her that cousins Owen and Tenny had been brave for a long time getting shots and surgeries so she needed to be brave too. Of course I was slightly joking, I mean she is a baby, babies cry-I cry! But it's almost as if she really took that to heart because she soon stopped crying. Anyway though-she is looking really good and healthy.  Perfect again...like we didn't know ;-)

Stats:
Height: 83% 25.25 inches
Weight: 15% 12.5 lbs
Head: 52% 


Update
  • Getting really good at grabbing things (Mommy's hair)
  • Can put her binky back into her mouth if it is near her mouth and facing the right way
  • Really talking a lot: coos, yells, makes bubbles and funny noises to just to hear herself
  • Raising her head even higher for tummy time and holding it there longer
  • Holding toys and playing/analyzing them
  • Grabbing, sucking on her toes
  • Laughing more
  • Really liking peekaboo
  • Finally fitting into some of her 3 month clothes-althouh a lot are still too big. 3-6 month stuff is WAY too big. 
  • Getting some more hair. It's not really longer, it's just filling out over her head more. 
  • Not really sleeping very well at night. Waking mommy up about every 2-3 hours. 
  • Still sleeping in either the swing or with us at night. Trying to get her to sleep in the bassinet more. 

Pictures...I have them but I am already so behind on this post that I am just going to add them later so I can get this posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment