Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tin foil chicken surprise!

I think it's so funny how my desire to cook ebbs and flows-it's seriously like a roller coaster.  Either I want to cook and do fun things...or cereal is good :-)  Last night after work I wanted to try to make Tim some real dinner.  The below pinterest recipe called out to me.

Ok...I never follow recipes exactly-so here are my alterations.  I didn't have bacon :-( (bacon makes everything better) and not much ranch, so I put some ranch on Tim's packet and left mine without it. I also added some sliced onions and it was really good.  I didn't measure anything except for the water for the stuffing, and my chicken was frozen so I left it in for about 40-50 minutes.  I also didn't spray the foil, and my foil was too full to just use one sheet on bottom so I added another big sheet to the top and folded them both together. It was really good and SUPER easy.  I definitely recommend it.  Also, when I asked Tim if he liked this enough for me to make this again, he said yeah...just not all the time so he wouldn't get bored.  Huzzah?!

Not the most appetizing of pictures-but it tasted great! I took some pics of mine last night that I'll post later/aka...someday?)
Someday has come! The below pictures are my go at this chicken foil dinner.


Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Foil Packets original recipe
Ingredients:
1 package Stuffing mix; chicken flavor
1 1/4 cups Water
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups Broccoli Florets
1 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices Cooked bacon; crumbled
4 tbsp Ranch dressing divided
- Oven to 400

Picture Directions:
 - Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil.
 - Combine stuffing mix and water.
 - Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.
- Top stuffing with a 6oz. chicken breast half.
 - Top chicken with 1 c. broccoli.
 - Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled.
 - Drizzle with 1 T. ranch dressing
 - Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside
 - Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 25-30 mins
- Remove packets and let stand 5 mins
 - Cut sits in foil for steam before opening.






No comments:

Post a Comment