Monday, May 20, 2013

Month 6

Can you believe that Mary is HALF A YEAR OLD?!!!! Oh my goodness where has the time gone? I just can't believe how much older she keeps getting. Sometimes I feel like she is so much older and bigger, and other times I feel like she is still a tiny, little girl. Which I guess she is. I mean she is only 6 months old. We are so lucky though.  She is such a good baby.


Today Mary had her 6 month doctor appointment.  We have a great pediatrician-he is just SO nice! Every time we go see him I end up leaving feeling like  a really good, empowered mom; like I am doing everything just right. Now...being a parent is tough and I know I'm not doing everything right, but still, for me it was a nice appointment. For Mary? Not so much. I always dread her appointments because I know it's just hard for her. But man is my girl brave.  She really is. She cries really hard but she sucks it up pretty quickly and just tries to calm herself down. Anyway though, the appointment went well.

6 month Stats:
-Height: 26.25 inches (64%)
-Weight: 13 lbs 14 oz (11%)
-Head: 16.6 in (48%)


What Mary is doing these days:

  • Rolling around everywhere. Front to back, back to front, left to right, right to left. She is moving this girl. 
  • Blowing bubbles with her lips and with her tongue. She loves to kind of jokingly spit at you.
  • Eyes are sometimes the light blue and then other times they're starting to look gray. 
  • Getting more blonde hair on the top of her head, has a little bald spot in the back middle, and where she had dark hair on the back of her head it is getting blonder. 
  • We started feeding her rice cereal about two weeks ago, and regularly for this last week. She LOVES it! She is like her momma. I think she just wants to eat everything, but for now it's just rice cereal and whatever little bits we let her try of our dinners. 
  • The rice cereal has totally messed with her pipes and she has been constipated but is getting better. 
  • Just this past week we have started to sleep train Mary. I have been a paranoid first mom and because I had heard that the probability of SIDS greatly decreases after 6 months we waited until then before moving her into her crib and her own room. Before then she slept in the bassinet or swing next to my bed, or in with me. This has been pretty interesting/hard, but we are trying. Got to get this girl some good sleep...and her momma ;-)
  • She likes to play with her feet and suck on her toes.
  • She is on the skinny side so for clothes she is still in a lot of 3 months, and 3-6 month clothes, and a few 6 month outfits.
  • She is a very inquisitive girl. Whenever we go anywhere or she sees new people, or basically just anyone besides me, she becomes really serious because she is in curiosity mode.  Once she has gotten used to seeing you for a little bit, then that's when the smiles and tricks come out. Otherwise though, you've got to earn every smile and every laugh, and it will take a little while. Aunty Siany always thinks she looks terrified because she always has her brows raised and her eyes are huge.
  • She is now in size 2 diapers (Pampers or 3's in Costco brand)
  • Her cry is getting louder, although it's still not too bad

Well...that's it for now. I want to possibly add some other things when I remember them, and the pictures, but...4 days after she turned 6 months? This is progress for me.


These pictures are a little different from some of the previous months, mainly being that Mary is just rolling and moving around a ton (aka...blurriness) ...not a lot of posed pictures, but that's life and I like it!





 Rolling, rolling, rolling...






































 Sitting up like a big girl and then....rolling again













 I have no filter. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! They grow so fast and learn so quickly! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete