Sunday, February 12, 2012

Debt and Living in our means

I am so glad that it is trendy today to be thrifty-to be crafty-to make, refashion, and find good deals.  Now that I'm married I just have this huge desire to save money.  It's weird when the money you make is for your family-and because of that I have really been trying to be more frugal and crafty.  I just wanted to share the below paragraph and post it so that I can always come back and read this and know that my efforts will make a difference. 

“Our pioneer forebears lived by the adage ‘Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without,’” said President Gordon B. Hinckley. “Reasonable debt for the purchase of an affordable home and perhaps for a few other necessary things is acceptable. But from where I sit, I see in a very vivid way the terrible tragedies of many who have unwisely borrowed for things they really do not need.” 2
May we put the kingdom of God first in our families (see Jacob 2:17–18; Matthew 6:33). And may we remember that the Lord, who multiplied the loaves and fishes, has promised that “all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly” (D&C 100:15).


No comments:

Post a Comment