Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pork Chop Casserole

Last Friday night I decided to plan a date night for me and Tim.  Some days I just really realize how blessed I am to have him, so I decided to try do something special for him.  The answer to that: the below pork chop casserole.  The rest of the date was going to consist of a red box and a nice walk with Maddie-Brad and Jessie's dog who we were dog sitting.  Instead it ended up being just a nice dinner, watching some of the Office and hanging out :-).

The Casserole was really good-of course I made some tweaks.  Tim LOVES breaded pork chops.  So not knowing if he would love this casserole or not, I breaded the pork chops first and then cooked them in the casserole.  Also...my bad...I didn't read the recipe right and used a whole box of stuffing.  So basically, it was just breaded pork chops (I made 6 instead of 2) with stuffing mixed with apple on top (left out the raisins) and soup on top of that.  It was really easy though, and the original recipe looks really easy too.  And it was super yummy even with all the extra stuffing. Two thumbs up from Tim-Huzzah! 

Apple Pork Chop Casserole Original recipe here. (Oh my goodness I just tried to get to this recipe via pinterest and it has the link blocked because it said it might go to spam! Yikes.  Glad I had saved the address on this post before they did that.  So yeah...you can't get this recipe via my pinterest board-you'll just have to come here.)

 Ingredients
2 (3/4 inch thick) boneless pork loin chops
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 small tart green apple, cored and chopped
2 tablespoons raisins
1 1/2 cups crushed chicken stuffing mix
2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
Directions
In a skillet, brown meat in oil for about 5 minutes on each side. In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with meat. Spoon soup over meat and stuffing. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into pork chops reads 160 degrees F.


No comments:

Post a Comment