Monday, July 16, 2012

Salted Caramel Popcorn

The other day my sweet tooth was taking over and I decided to try out a caramel popcorn recipe that I saw on pinterest.  I've never made caramel popcorn before and it was surprisingly really easy.  Although, I didn't follow all the directions-that's just how I roll-but it was still awesome! I just didn't bake it afterward-who has the patience to bake it for half an hour after pouring the caramel on top? I popped it on the oven for 5 minutes and realized I didn't have the patience. 



Salted Caramel Popcorn: Original recipe here.

1 batch of basic stovetop popcorn
1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of corn syrup
1 t of salt
1/4 t of baking soda
1/4 t of vanilla extract
Make one batch of basic popcorn and set aside in a large mixing bowl. In a small pot melt the butter and then add the brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until mixed and then let it sit, untouched for about 5 minutes, until it start to turn an auburn color. Then remove from heat and add vanilla, salt and baking soda. Let cool for a couple minutes and then pour over the popcorn. Mix thoroughly. Not every kernel needs to be coated (see below). Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes at 275 degrees, flipping occasionally. Let cool completely on waxed paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment